Postdoctoral fellowship in medical devices, physiological signal processing, and sleep apnea
We are seeking a skilled postdoctoral fellow (PDF) whose expertise intersects physiological signal processing, medical devices, acoustics, and respiratory disorders during sleep. The PDF will work with a multidisciplinary team of internationally recognized researchers including biomedical engineers, sleep physicians and industrial designers for developing new technologies to assess the breathing disorders during sleep.
Work will involve developing new technologies to assess respiratory disorders, data collection, data analysis, dissemination of results (e.g., papers and conferences), and partial supervision of graduate and undergraduate students. Although primarily it involves signal processing and technological intervention, this work is highly multidisciplinary, with a strong connection to commercialization and product development.
The successful applicant will have:
- A doctoral degree (or a set defense date) in a relevant field of biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a relevant discipline;
- Evidence of impact in research through a strong publication record in relevant venues;
- Evidence of strong collaborative skills, including possible supervision of junior researchers, students, or equivalent industrial experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; and
- A strong technical background in physiological signal recording, respiratory physiology, acoustic, audio or respiratory sounds processing, or medical devices. Experience with clinical populations, especially those with breathing disorders during sleep, is preferred.
This work will be conducted at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the University of Toronto. Toronto Rehab has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. The position is available immediately. The initial contract is for 1 year with the potential to be extended for 2 more years. Please contact Dr. Azadeh Yadollahi by email at email@example.com with any questions or with 1) your up-to-date CV, 2) a cover letter, 3) a sample publication if interested in applying to the position.